[Previous entry: "laboured breathing"] [Next entry: "it's a tequila day"]
01/06/2005: "decline the first offer"
I've decided that I'm not going to Calgary. After much consideration, my wife and I decided that it's too much aggravation for not enough incentive. There wasn't any more money, or opportunity, or anything, and even a little less than some other opportunities locally. So, we decided today I'm not going. I've already told the recruiter in Calgary, so it's a done deal. I'm staying in Ontario and entertaining opportunities here.
No word on Tillsonburg, yet. Stay tuned...
Replies: 3 Comments
on Thursday, January 6th, wfd said
Man they are drawing this out...I had a similar situation with Keane recently, things were drawn out for months and I lost patience and told them to lose my resume...of course I am still employed so its easier for me to do but I do know what you are going through.
on Thursday, January 6th, mr.ska said
Believe me, I almost wanted to blow them off. On one hand, I'm kind of glad I didn't get the position. I really do have to wonder what kind of leadership that manager really has, if it took him THAT long to make a decision.
Of course, it's easy to see the downside when I didn't get the position. Oh well. Next!...
on Monday, January 10th, JGH said